Thursday, February 10, 2011

When is Rains it Pours

So this past week (from Thursday to Thursday) started off a little rough. My computer got a little un-welcomed bath from an accidental spill last Thursday which sent me into a nervous fit of tears on Saturday when, after a day and a half of drying out I turned it back on and the mouse didn't work, it didn't recognize it had a battery in it and it was super slow. I immediately turned it off, threw rice all over it-and prayed. Yes, I prayed that my computer would dry out and work because I definitely don't have the money to buy a new one and what's worse I didn't want to end up spending the last 2 1/2 years of dental school using Michael's PC.



Next rain storm came Sunday night and is still a gray cloud above my head-I lost my keys. When I mean keys I mean the keys to my house, my lockers at school and the key to the parking lot. Admittedly, I lose my keys about once a week with average finding time within a 1/2 hour. This time-it's been 5 days and they are still MIA. This means I have to have one of the staff here at the school open up all my lockers and draws at my desk so I can do work and then return at the end of the day so I can return my instruments, until I find my keys or pay $50 to replace them. Good part of this story-Michael is always home when I come home so at least I'm not locked out of my house.

The last rainy cloud that is luckily making it way to Utah at the moment is my wedding band. I sat down to a lecture on Wednesday and notice that a diamond in the halo on my wedding band was missing! Oooo I was so mad. My ring is less than a year old. Luckily Michael called the the company and they are going to take care of it for free-the sun is starting to come out!



Another ray of sunshine-I'm typing on my computer! Yes, it's working almost as good as new. It still  doesn't believe it has a battery inside so it is a corded laptop-but it's a MY laptop with all my material on it. Oh my goodness what a blessing. I see the sun!

1 comment:

  1. oh man...I never even know where my keys are! It drives Mason NUTS. but I always seem to find them. I hope you find yours!

    ReplyDelete