Thursday, February 17, 2011

Arizona Oranges

So for Christmas Grandma Jacque gave us one of the best gifts-2 airline tickets to visit her in Arizona! We love taking a break from Los Angeles and enjoy  fresher air, fewer cars, and people we love :) Ulia even came down from snowy Utah to enjoy some sun and sista' time. One of the best parts of our weekend trip was helping Grandma pick all the oranges off her oranges trees!

Grandma was attacked by her orange tree so Michael and I came to the rescue while Ulia juiced. Check out that fabulous set up.

The fruit of my loins. It's an orange!


Orange you glad to see us :)

On Sunday we were entertained by my fabulous sister. She played a Navajo flute piece that she will be auditioning with here in a few weeks! I always love being my little sisters flute stand :)


 Grandma surprised us with a box of hand picked orange to take home. You can see how excited we were about this. I was especially excited it brought back all the childhood memories of picking grandma up at the airport and packing in her suitcase, carry on and the box of oranges. I told these stories to Michael so often that he in fact bought me a juicer right after we were married. Now we get to use it on a box of my favorite Arizona oranges.

The rest of the week highlights included Michael and Ulia hiking with Uncle Greg and Aunt Florence, dinner with the AZ Hatch's at a fun Mexican place, petticures with Grammy, and Grandma's famous Sunday dinner on Valentines plates. I love grandma's dishes for every season. Melissa's favorite moments? Watching Uncle Greg stitch up Grandma's finger and seeing his new Cerec machine and seeing pictures of am implant/ bone grafting case! I know, I'm a nerd. We basically love Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment