Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's the Little Things

So I have learned that if you want to be berated, torn down, and continually reminded how inadequate you are you should consider attending graduate school. Okay so it isn't that bad, but progress can be so slow and the stress so consistent that sometimes progress almost immeasurable.

So in my attempt to measure my progress in life I have learned to take note of and appreciated the little things in life. The most recent that kept me excited for seriously a week was a successful trip in Los Angeles traffic from our apartment to USC in the mini all by myself! Michael wasn't even in the car with me. I went a whole 5.7 miles (making my way onto two different freeways mind you) without stalling, shifting into the wrong gear, or rolling backward down the ramp into the institute parking lot! I even made the trip home with the same success. Tiny success? Yes. My sister's first car is a stick shift-I didn't learn till I was 22. But a big success to me. My cute fellow dental student/friend Alice let me know that only cool girls know how to drive a stick shift car-guess I'm moving up in the world ha ha ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment